Sync toy is a very good.
1. You can synchronize, choose one way backup, etc...
2. You can easily choose subfolders and files
3. It's fast and stable
4. Easy to use interface
It had some quirks however,
1. You have to use scheduler to run a scheduled backup
2. When two folders are the same, it adds the info from one folder into the next, should have a copy and rename option
3. Should have a rename option when two files are the same, basically an option to keep both, not send to recycle bin (tested it, it does send to recycle bin, will not keep both)
4. Backup did not always work when I changed a file or folder until I did a test run, then run. (Basically would not recognize a new folder or file until after test run)I don't know if this would affect scheduler or not.
All in all a very good backup utility and if it can improve on a few things, it will be an EXCELLENT backup utility. Hope for an X64 version as well (although upon this review, I didn't check to see if existed yet)
It's a pity that XP and Vista do not come with SyncToy built in, since it is far better than Microsoft's bland Briefcase utility. SyncToy is easy to configure and use, and I have never had any problems with it. Definitely recommended.
I've used every public version of this, and they have all worked well for me. Never crashes, never creates system problems, never behaves strangely. Will not sync open files, however, at least not under WinXP Home or Pro.
Back to product details Add your review...