I don't know what the other guy is talking about, we use it for a local Government, several buildings and hundreds of pc's, it works perfect and we have recovered many PST files because of it.
Impossible to use for all the good reasons mentioned by "makeitdouble" it cost us dearly to find out that no one really uses it.
It installs as an Outlook feature that you access in Outlook via File > Backup.
It only has 3 options that you can set.
1. "remind me to backup every ## days"
2. "backup these personal folder files: ....
3. "file location" ...
that's it! A dialog will pop up as a reminder, saying: "backup will start after you close Outlook" You have two options, OK or Cancel.
The reasons we can't use it in a small business environment:
1. Most people will keep outlook open all day, and then just shut down the computer, so it'll never start backing up.
2. People tend to say 'cancel' at the friendly backup prompt, so the backup never happens.
3. It doesn't zip the created backup.
Conclusion: Perfect for personal backup, bad for business/controlled environment.
Back to product details Add your review...
Download Personal Folders Backup